Lapshina N. National cultural societies of the Poles of Siberia in the Internet space: representations of the culture and ethnic identity
N. Lapshina - Omsk State University F. M. Dostoevsky Omsk, Russian Federation ORCID: 0000-0002-0678-3574
ABSTRACT. National cultural societies of Poles in Siberia transmit information about themselves and their activities to the Internet space by posting various types of content on information resources, i.e. social media pages and their own websites. The author studies of the visual, textual and audio content on the official websites and social media pages of Polish national cultural societies of Siberia have been aimed to identify the structural elements of the representations of the Polish culture and the ways of maintaining the Polish ethnicity in the virtual space. On the Internet, national cultural societies are committed to the actualization of the Polish ethnic identity through the language, traditions, religious affiliation, the history of the Polish people and their nationhood, and cultural contacts between Polish national cultural societies and Poland with a view to national and cultural integration of the people of Polish origin. Posting of textual and visual information on Polish history and traditions on the Internet supports the desire to preserve the ethnic unity of the group members, while demonstration of the active cultural contacts between NСS members, on the one part, and citizens and organizations of Poland and Polish cultural centers in Russia, on the other, gives the appearance of continuous communication against the background of its discreteness. NCSs place a high priority on the representation of the national and cultural identity of the Poles in the context of its tolerant understanding in the multicultural environment of Siberian cities. Photo and video reports about cultural events organized by Polish NCSs of Siberia and the participation of their creative teams in municipal, regional and state celebrations and national and international festivals and competitions become tools of demonstrating the Polish culture as part of a multicultural community.
УДК 0 04.946:39
KEYWORDS: national cultural societies, Poles, representation, ethnic identity, Internet space
- Chernova I. V. [On some features of the culture of Polish immigrants in Western Siberia in the 20th century]. Vestnik arheologii, antropologii i etnografii [Bulletin of Archeology, Anthropology and Ethnography], 2014, no. 2, pp. 115–123. (In Russian).
- Galetkina N. G. [Poles of Vershina Village: Ethnicity as a Resource]. Zhurnal sociologii i social’noj antropologii [Journal of Sociology and Social Anthropology], 2007, no. 2, pp. 142– 154. (In Russian).
- Gluhov A. P. [Assalam a‑like-um: construction of national identity through a social network (case studies of ethnic networks of migrants from Central Asia in Russia)]. Connect- Universum‑2014: sb. mat-lov 5 Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. Internet-konferencii [Connect- Universum‑2014: sat. materials of the 5 int. scientific-practical Internet conferences]. Tomsk, 2015, pp. 82–86. (In Russian).
- Gluhov A. P., Okushova G. A. [Key functions of ethnic communities of social networks in the broadcast and reproduction of virtual ethno-national identity and the preservation of national culture]. Social’nye seti kak ploshchadka etnicheskoj kommunikacii i sredstvo predpisaniya etnonacional’noj identichnosti (sbornik materialov issledovaniya) [Social networks as a platform for ethnic communication and a means of prescribing ethno-national identity (collection of research materials)]. Tomsk, 2015, pp. 62–75. (In Russian).
- Golovnev A. V., Belorussova S. Yu., Kisser T. S. [Web ethnography and cyber-ethnicity]. Ural’skij istoricheskij vestnik [Ural historical journal], 2018, no. 1 (58), pp. 100–108. (In Russian).
- Goncharov Yu. M. [Polish family in the cities of Western Siberia in the second half of the 19th — early 20th centuries]. Processy urbanizacii v central’noj Rossii i Sibiri: sb. st. [Urbanization processes in Central Russia and Siberia: collection of articles]. Barnaul, 2005, pp. 101–110. (In Russian).
- Goncharova T. A. [On some tendencies of verbal modeling of the image of the historical homeland in the periodicals of Tomsk Poles]. 11 Kongress antropologov i etnologov Rossii (Ekaterinburg, 2–5 iyulya 2015 g.): sb. mat-lov. [11th Congress of anthropologists and ethnologists of Russia (Ekaterinburg, July 2–5, 2015): collection of materials]. Moscow; Ekaterinburg, 2015. p. 68. (In Russian).
- Goncharova T. A. [The problem of preserving the native language by ethnodispersed groups (on the example of the Slavic diasporas of the Tomsk region)]. Tomskij zhurnal lingvisticheskih i antropologicheskih issledovanij [Tomsk journal of linguistic and anthropological research], 2017, no. 2 (16), p. 66–75. (In Russian).
- Grosheva G. V. [Slavic Diasporas in the Internet space of Tomsk: experience of preserving and broadcasting ethnocultural identity]. Tomskij zhurnal lingvisticheskih i antropologicheskih issledovanij [Tomsk journal of linguistic and anthropological research], 2015, no. 3 (9), pp. 29–39. (In Russian).
- Istomina O. B. Nacional’no-kul’turnye centry v mnogoetnicheskoj srede [National-cultural centers in a multi-ethnic environment]. Vestnik Buryatskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Bulletin of the Buryat State University], 2012, no. 6a, pp. 133–139. (In Russian).
- Ivanova I. P. [National-cultural centers as a factor in the harmonization of interethnic relations (on the example of the south of the Krasnoyarsk territory)]. Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Tomsk State University Bulletin], 2009, no. 319, pp. 65–67. (In Russian).
- Kalugina G. V. [The national cultural Society in Irkutsk: from the friends of Poland club to the association for the defense of the rights of Chinese citizens (transformation of the phenomenon)]. Izvestiya Irkutskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Ser. «Politologiya. Religiovedenie» [Irkutsk State University Bulletin. Ser. «Political science. Religious Studies»], 2008, no. 1, pp. 48–55. (In Russian).
- Kikilova T. M. [Pages of the life of a Polish family: (based on scientific materials of the Shushenskoye Museum-Reserve)]. Istoriya i kul’tura polyakov Sibiri: sb. mat-lov mezhregion. nauch.-prakt. konf. 2005–2006 gg. [History and culture of the Poles of Siberia: collection of articles. materials interregion. scientific-practical conf. 2005–2006]. Krasnoyarsk, 2006, pp. 91–96. (In Russian).
- Korneva V. Yu. [Source study analysis of the newspaper «Dom Polski» of the national cultural center «CTC» Dom Polsky «in Tomsk»: ethnographic aspect]. Etnografiya Altaya i sopredel’nyh territorij. Vyp. 9: Mat-ly 9‑j mezhdunar. nauch. konf., posvyashch. 25‑letiyu Centra ustnoj istorii i etnografii laboratorii istoricheskogo kraevedeniya Altajskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta [Ethnography of Altai and adjacent territories. Issue 9: materials of the 9th intern. scientific. conf., dedicated. 25th anniversary of the center for oral history and ethnography of the laboratory of historical local lore of Altai state pedagogical university]. Barnaul, 2015, pp. 121–124. (In Russian).
- Korneva V. Yu. [Tomsk Poles: on the issue of self-consciousness and ethnonym]. Rocznik Instytutu Polsko-Rosyjskiego [Yearbook of the Russian-Polish Institute], 2016, no. 1 (9), pp. 5–12. (In Russian).
- Kovalev M. P. [Self-designation as a sign of ethnic self-identification of Poles in Siberia (based on the material of the Polish diaspora in Tomsk)]. Materialy 13 Vserossijskoj konferencii studentov, aspirantov i molodyh uchenyh «Nauka i obrazovanie» [Materials of the 13 all-Russian conference of students, postgraduates and young scientists «Science and Education»]. Tomsk, 2009, vol. 5, pp. 197–201. (In Russian).
- Kraevskij P. A. [Polonia. Past. The present. Future]. Sbornik statej mezhdunarodnoj nauchno-prakticheskoj konferencii 4 dekabrya 2013 goda «Voprosy garmonizacii mezhkul’turnyh, mezhnacional’nyh i mezhkonfessional’nyh otnoshenij» [Collection of articles of the international scientific-practical conference on December 4, 2013 «Questions of harmonization of intercultural, interethnic and interfaith relations»]. Moscow; Rostov on Don, 2016, pp. 57–70. (In Russian).
- Krih A. A. [Bar confederates in the settlement in Tara (last third of the 18th century)]. Istoriya i kul’tura polyakov Sibiri: sb. mat-lov mezhregion. nauch.-prakt. konf. «Istoriya i kul’tura polyakov Sibiri» [History and culture of the Poles of Siberia: collection of articles. materials interregion. scientific-practical conf. «History and culture of the Poles of Siberia», 2005–2006]. Krasnoyarsk, 2006, pp. 24–28. (In Russian).
- Lapkina N. A. Social’nyj potencial Internet-resursov v diskurse etnichnosti [Social potential of Internet resources in the discourse of ethnicity: Abstract Diss. Cand.]. Moscow, 2011. 28 p. (In Russian).
- Leonchik S. V. [Polish exiles and Polish voluntary settlers in Siberia in the late 19th — early 20th centuries: reasons for their appearance, relationships in their new homeland]. Pol’skie ssyl’nye v Sibiri vo vtoroj polovine 18 — nachale 20 veka v vospriyatii rossijskoj administracii, pereselencev i korennyh narodov Sibiri: sb. nauch. tr. [Polish exiles in Siberia in the second half of the 18th — early 20th centuries as perceived by the Russian administration, migrants and indigenous peoples of Siberia: collection of articles. scientific papers]. Omsk, 2015, pp. 263–273. (In Russian).
- Leonchik S. V. [Polonia in the southern part of the Krasnoyarsk Territory: past and present]. Polonii v Sibiri, v Rossii i v mire: problemy izucheniya: mat-ly mezhdunar. nauch. simpoziuma [Polonia in Siberia, in Russia and in the world: problems of study: materials of the international. scientific. symposium]. Irkutsk, 2006, pp. 128–133. (In Russian).
- Leończyk S. Polskie osadnictwo wiejskie na Syberii w drugiej połowie 19 i na początku 20 wieku. Warszawa, 2017. 327 p. (In Polish).
- Mulina S. A. [Poles physicians in exile in West Siberia]. Istoriya i kul’tura polyakov Sibiri: sb. mat-lov mezhregion. nauch.-prakt. konf. [History and culture of the Poles of Siberia: collection of articles. materials interregion. scientific-practical conf.]. Krasnoyarsk, 2006, pp. 36–40. (In Russian).
- Mulina S. A. [Transformation of the image of a Pole in Siberia (from the 17th to the 19th centuries)]. Diaspory [Diasporas], 2010, no. 2, pp. 242–260. (In Russian).
- Ostrovskij L. K. [The Polish population of Tomsk, Tobolsk, Omsk and the activities of Roman Catholic charitable societies (1890s — early 1920s)]. Vestnik Novosibirskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Ser. «Istoriya, filologiya» [Novosibirsk State University Bulletin. Series. «History, Philology»], 2012, vol. 11, no. 8, pp. 59–62. (In Russian).
- Ostrovskij L. K. Polyaki v Zapadnoj Sibiri v konce 19 — pervoj chetverti 20 veka [Poles in Western Siberia at the end of the 19th — first quarter of the 20th century: Diss. Doct.]. Novosibirsk, 2014. 776 p. (In Russian).
- Rezanova Z. I. [Institutional and personal presentation of national and cultural identity in Internet communication: genre forms and discursive strategies]. Vestnik Tomskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta [Tomsk State University Bulletin], 2013, no. 375, pp. 33–41. (In Russian).
- Rozhnova O. Yu. [Patronage activities for youth in the Polish national center «Ozhel Byaly» («White Eagle») in Biysk]. Materialy 49 mezhdunar. nauch. stud. konf. «Student i nauchno-tekhnicheskij progress» [49th int. scientific. stud. conf. «Student and scientific and technological progress»]. Novosibirsk, 2011, pp. 62–64. (In Russian).
- Rozinkina T. A. [Biysk Center of Polish Culture «White Eagle» as an example of Russian- Polish humanitarian cooperation]. Delovoe sotrudnichestvo Rossii i Pol‘shi: mat-ly mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. [Business cooperation between Russia and Poland: materials of the international. scientific-practical conf.]. Barnaul, 2014, pp. 104–106. (In Russian).
- Tal’nishnih N. K. Kul’tura «setevyh soobshchestv» [The culture of «networked communities»: Abstract Diss. Cand.]. Rostov on Don, 2004. 22 p. (In Russian).
- Valyuh E. P. [Adaptation of Polish exiles in Siberian society (second half of the 19th century)]. Vestnik Krasnoyarskogo gosudarstvennogo pedagogicheskogo universiteta im. V. P. Astaf’eva [Bulletin of the Krasnoyarsk State Pedagogical University. V. P. Astafieva], 2014, no. 4, pp. 159– 162. (In Russian).
- Vasil’eva M. R. [Theoretical and methodological problems of research of visual communications in new media]. Connect-Universum‑2014: sb. mat-lov 5 Mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. Internet-konferencii [Connect-Universum‑2014: sat. materials of the 5 int. scientific-practical Internet conferences]. Tomsk, 2015, pp. 73–76. (In Russian).
- Yarmolinskaya V. V. Poloniya Altaya. Deyatel’nost’ i perspektivy razvitiya [Polonia Altai. Activities and development prospects]. Delovoe sotrudnichestvo Rossii i Pol‘shi: mat-ly mezhdunar. nauch.-prakt. konf. [Business cooperation between Russia and Poland: materials of the international. scientific-practical conf.]. Barnaul, 2014, pp. 5–29. (In Russian).